Share Button

Beginning on September 8, 2012, the faithful of the Diocese of Knoxville will have a unique opportunity to celebrate our Catholic faith in East Tennessee. Pope Benedict XVI has declared this coming year to be the Year of Faith. We also enter our 25th year as a diocese which gives us the opportunity to celebrate our small part in the story of the Church in a big way.

We hope that this website will help you in finding resources for celebrating the upcoming year of faith. We hope it will also be a place where you will visit often to learn about the history of the Catholic Church in East Tennessee. Thanks for stopping by!

Listen to our Year-of-Faith podcast:
[mejsaudio src="http://dioknox25.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Year-of-Faith.mp3"]

Share Button

7 thoughts on “Year of Faith

• August 16, 2012 at 10:35 am

And the first comment! Though this is just the beginning of a post. I thought it would look better than Hello World, just in case someone stops by before we are officially up and running.

• August 16, 2012 at 10:34 am

You might want to play around with the formatting of the graphic image. You can right or left-justify it so the text wraps around it. Just click the image and then the right or left-justification tool in the editing toolbar.

• August 16, 2012 at 10:39 am

I also removed the image link that opened the image when you click on it. I usually do this unless I’m using a smaller image or a thumbnail that I want people to be able to open to a larger image. But when the image just opens to the same size, I prefer to disable the link. To do this, just click the image while editing the post and click the broken link tool. Then update the post.

You can also click the link tool if you want the image to link away from the site to some other site. Just click the image, then the link tool, then enter the URL you want it to link to. I’ve added a plugin that always opens external links in new tabs so the post/page stays active in its current tab.

• August 31, 2012 at 11:37 am

Although I have read some bit-pieces of excerpts from 2nd Vatican Council, I didn’t know the number of official documents and now I know that, but also have a copy of them to read and hopefully gain a fuller understand of what the Church Bishops have passed on to this generation but for all future ones.